Hi there folks!
Creatives Meet Business is an event and podcast series based out of Austin, Texas for artists and creatives to learn the ropes of entrepreneurship.
This episode features Ashley Thompson, Managing Director at the Blackbaud Institute for Philanthropic Impact, who joined us in August during our roundtable event on Fundraising. As you'll soon find out, she has so much to share about thought leadership and how to get yourself on the path toward that. Because there's so much magic in this episode - let's hop in and hear what Ashley has to say!
- 0:00 to 1:15 - Ashland Opening Remarks and Intro of Ashley Thompson
- 1:20 to 2:34 - Introduction of Self and Topic
- How to Win Friends and Influence People - build authentic relationships.
- Win the hearts and minds of people through listening, humility, and real authenticity
- 2:35 to 3:33 - Qualities of Thought Leadership
- Based in real knowledge, awareness, and understanding
- Vehicle to build a base and your audience
- 3:34 to 4:52 - What is a Thought Leader
- Overprescribed today in who is called a thought leader
- Someone who has a keen sense of the scope in their area of focus
- Humble, aware of how much they have to learn in the space
- Someone who is driven to share knowledge (and often)
- Builds up a perspective and thoughts
- Takes years to achieve thought leader status
- 4:53 to 10:13 - How to Be on the Path Toward Thought Leadership
- Aligning where your passion meets your audience
- Get specific and narrow in focus
- Do your research (every day, day in and day out)
- Build your audience / know your audience
- Connecting with and networking with the experts in the space
- Get published and speak as much as you can
- Be conscious about social profiles
- Create lists (roll up stuff / boil stuff down)
- Be focused on the future
- Start thinking about your passion and your north star.
- 10:19 to 13:22 - Ashland Closing Remarks
If you like what you hear, share the podcast with your friends, and rate and review. To stay in the loop - follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or subscribe to the newsletter.
We're headed for Bootstrap, so stay tuned!
Ashland, Creatives Meet Business