Hi there folks!
Creatives Meet Business is an event and podcast series based out of Austin, Texas for creatives of ALL disciplines to get from zero to one in thinking of themselves as business owners (in the creative sector). We record the content for this podcast at our live events.
This episode features Kristen Sussman, President and Founder of Social Distillery who will tell us all about "The Secret (SEO) Power of Social Media" and gives seven (7) stellar tips on how to get you started.
- :58 - Superhero Origin Story - Peter Parker aka Spider-Man
- 2:42 - Kristen's Superhero Origin Story
- 5:20 - 7 Tips and Tricks for SEO
- Google's Keyword Planner
- Make 2 lists - a 3 or 4 keyword list and a 20 keyword list
- Use these keywords and be consistent across all of your social media platforms (About Us section)
- Incorporate a blog on your website
- Post once a week
- Doesn't always have to be you writing - use guest blog writer, employees
- When including links - be sure to set them to open in a new tab
- Understand Google Crawlers
- Use simple and clear language in blog post titles
- Use a Good Content Mix
- Videos, blogs, photos, GIFs, RSS feeds, social media
- Tag appropriately and be specific with your titles
- Include your Company in Local Listings
- Yelp, Google Places, TripAdvisor
- Submit your company to relevant lists
- Identify Link Building Opportunities
- Comment on published articles, make sure your comments are relevant
- Contribute with humor or with knowledge / information
- Use an Evergreen Strategy with Your Social Media
- Content strategy for Creatives Meet Business event
- Content as spiderweb of stories - content, posts & links
- Use original, high quality content
If you like what you hear, share the podcast with your friends, like and comment. If you're in Austin, come and join us for an event! The next one is August 16th. To stay in the loop - follow us on Twitter, Facebook or subscribe to the newsletter.
Stay tuned for next week, we'll be posting another episode featuring one of the pros from the Social Media edition.
Ashland, Creatives Meet Business