Hi there folks!
Creatives Meet Business is an event and podcast series based out of Austin, Texas for artists and creatives to learn the ropes of entrepreneurship.
This episode features Pei Sim, Founder of The Paper + Craft Pantry, who joined us in February during our roundtable event on Goal Planning. This episode covers measuring success for yourself and ways to goal plan with you AND your business in mind. Without further ado, let's hop in and hear what she has to say!
- 0:00 to 2:32 - Ashland Opening Remarks and Intro of Pei Sim
- 2:36 to 4:02 - Introduction of Self and Topic
- 4:03 to 8:58 - Define Success for Yourself and for Your Business
- Set goals for yourself, not based on what you think is expected of you
- Be careful to not get caught in the cycle of wanting more
- GIF example that shows you can't have perfect balance
- Pei doesn't believe in perfect balance, it's a series of ebbs and flows
- 8:59 to 13:22 - Setting Goals
- Start 10 years out and work back in
- Separated by category (family, career, health and wellness)
- What are you doing in 5 years to get to your 10 year goals
- Separate your business goals from your personal goals
- Pivots aren't failures
- Include by / when dates (accountability tool)
- Personal story about a bed and breakfast abroad
- Goal setting allows you to say yes and no to opportunities
- 13:26 to 14:55 - Tips for Feeling Separate from Your Business
- Leave your computer charger in an inaccessible place until the next day
- Boundary setting (example with not responding to an email until the next day)
- 15:00 to 18:24 - Ashland Closing Remarks
- Derek Redmond Story
- Like this podcast? Great! A rating and review is so helpful!
- Stay in touch, email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or connect with us on social (@createmeetbiz on Instagram and Twitter // Creatives Meet Business on Facebook).
- Big thanks to Jamal Knox (audio engineer) and Chris James (composer)!
If you like what you hear, share the podcast with your friends, and rate and review. To stay in the loop - follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or subscribe to the newsletter.
More Goal Planning to come, so stay tuned!
Ashland, Creatives Meet Business